Tuesday, August 20, 2013

3 months (12 weeks)

Just had my 12 week appointment with the little one--guess that means it's time for another update! The other day, Scott congratulated me on "two months of knowing we're pregnant." Time has gone fast, but that still seems long!

It's been such a blast finally getting to tell everyone about our newest adventure. Thanks for all the excitement and encouragement! For those we were able to tell in person or by phone, the reactions were so fun (some of them will last in our memories forever, haha).  To those who knew longer, thanks for keeping the surprise so well even when we forgot to ask.
Besides the fun reactions, probably the best part is that we can now share our thoughts and excitement with those around us. I'm determined not to let it consume everything we talk about, but hey, when it does, it's fun. :)

Another fun fact, Scott and I met 6 years ago yesterday, and started dating 5 years ago tomorrow. (Scott says that means today is sandwich day...hah)

How far along? 12 weeks. Plum size, and peach is next! yummy. (?) ;)

Total weight gain/loss: I'm surprised to find that I'm still pretty much at my normal weight. But don't worry: I'm sure anyone who's spent any time with me lately can vouch for the fact that I have definitely not been skimping on eating. Hah.
Maternity clothes? My few tightest pants will no longer button comfortably, but I've still got some room to grow before I really need to change the wardrobe. I'm wearing my smaller stuff while I can!
Stretch marks? Don't think so... but may not be far away
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat! It's definitely been a bit weird to know I've got this person living inside me, I know it, but then as I've joked with a few, for months this little one doesn't call or write or even knock yet. So it's a relief every time I can check in and know for sure that all is well with him or her.
Miss Anything? The days when having pretty clear skin took very little effort.
Food cravings: Lately (due in part to a couple weekends of party or mountain festival food) vegetables (especially salad) have been so good. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: At the start of the 12th week I've kinda thought I felt the funny stomach a little stronger, but really my symptoms have still been very minimal. The one thing I really do notice is that there's less room in there, though! When I'm full, I'm full, don't even want to think about or smell food. (well, until a while later...then I'm hungry again)
Have you started to show yet: Maybe not to the unattached observer, but I think it's safe to say yes, a little.
Gender prediction: Almost everyone is saying boy. I am back to unsure. 8 weeks more to wait!!
Belly Button in or out?  in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, but a few things have gotten me down, or stressed.
Weekly Wisdom:  Drink lots of water! 
Weekly Confession: Lately I guess I'm eating more sweets than I'd hoped I would while pregnant. Would like to cut that down a little, want to set that baby up to have healthy cravings, not too much sugar!

Looking forward to: Feeling baby move! It might be soon. Sometimes I try to focus and see if I can feel anything... I think it's just digestion so far. hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment