Sunday, August 11, 2013

the first two months of poppyseed :)

well, the news is finally out!

We found out about our little poppy seed on a Sunday night, after having spent the weekend camping with friends. My little brag--we actually hiked to the top of Tehachapi mountain that weekend while I was unknowingly carrying the little one! (Though we suspected he/she might be there). Our first reactions? Scott was probably more just purely excited, but I was a mess of so many emotions, I could hardly think straight! :P Turns out pregnancy is quite the incredible, bewildering reality even when it's expected. But I felt better when Scott admitted the next morning that he had woken up in the middle of the night thinking he was about to have a heart attack, and had to go sit up and read for a while to calm down. hah.
we decided to wait to tell our families and everyone else until after our first doctor's appointment (and as we hoped, first ultrasound) at 8 weeks. At first I didn't mind the time we had to keep the news just to ourselves and let it sink in (it still hardly felt real!), but after a week or two, those became the longest four weeks ever! By now, our baby has already gone through poppy seed, apple seed, pea, blueberry, and grape, and is now a little lime! That's some pretty exponential growth if you ask me... and I've certainly been feeling some of the work behind it! ;)
So here's some belated pictures:
4 weeks--just after we first found out
Our little alien baby, 2.03 cm at ~8 weeks 4 days

9 weeks (sorry, skipped 8) -- after finally telling our families (disclaimer: IHOP and Jamba Juice are also adding to this picture!)

And here's a few more deets; Amy Garness, I hope you don't mind that I've stolen your cool little question list :)

How far along? 11 weeks now. (which in truth is 9 weeks...fun fact)
Total weight gain/loss: I think I may have gained a few since we first found out :P
Maternity clothes? not yet. most of my jeans have always been a little loose around the waist, and I have some loose-fitting shirts, so I might be ok for a bit ;)
Best moment so far: Seeing the little one on the ultrasound screen! and watching for a minute as that tiny heart went whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. :D Shortly followed by finally telling family and friends.
Miss Anything? Energy, I suppose. And it also seems like the adjustments to my senses of smell and taste have left my cooking intuition a little confused. Because of both of these, my dear hubby has already helped out with a few dinners! Also (almost forgot) my brain and memory have definitely not been firing on all cylinders lately! (if they even were before...)
Food cravings: nothing in particular... which is sometimes everything in particular. I go from nothing sounds good, to anything and everything mentioned sound good. The one thing I can pinpoint is I often am sick of sweet foods (even bread) and want something more salty (like cheese or something). I'm definitely hungry (and thirsty) more often!
Anything making you queasy or sick: A few slightly queasy moments, but no sick so far! probably among the worst was watching the highschoolers at summer camp popping "barbecue-flavored" mealworms into their mouth by that candy store in Pismo. Oh man. My clam chowder was not sitting too well.
Have you started to show yet: Sometimes... mainly when I've eaten a big dinner ;) But i already feel like there's less room in there!
Gender prediction:  Kinda hoping for a girl, but sometimes I've had a feeling it might be a boy.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy, but sometimes blah. Occasional flashes of firey-ness, haha. 
Weekly Wisdom: Write stuff down... even if you can't remember where you wrote it.
Looking forward to: Second trimester, registries and showers, all that stuff that will make it feel so much more real! We've also been looking forward to finding out the gender from almost the first moment.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea to write everything down now and to keep a "virtual babybook." This will make creating an actual babybook so much easier and I am sure your little peanut-or lime- will love looking at this some day. Keep it up, even when you don't feel like it! (oh, and Lucy is 6 months old already and most days it still doesn't even feel real :) )
    Congratulations!
    Micah, Gina, and Lucy Caskey :)

    ReplyDelete