Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mexico 2007 Day 3: A Turning Point?

Today was different… I feel more at home now, like I belong in some weird way. We didn’t go to the beach, I think we’ll go tomorrow. I rode bikes with Isba* and the kids up the road to a ranch. A group of Americans came today, from Wisconsin. Mas

Americanas! Kinda cool to see more of those; and I felt more a part of the Casa and a help. I’m less “la americana” now.

A few girl

s and I walked to the little nearby store** during dinner. It was fun, lots of walking and laughing. And as I wrote this, some of the girls

came in to our trailer to hang out, take photos, etc… they’re silly. ;)

I’m happy. Gracias a Dios! Tomorrow is another new and great day.


*Besides being my “roommate,” Isba (picture) is a teacher to the kids—these classes (reading, math, etc) are at the Casa, as a supplement to the learning that may not always be adequate at the local public school.

**Commonly, the stores I mean here are neighborhood stores, or in other words usually someone’s converted living room or garage with lots of packaged snacks and other things. There is generally at least one within walking distance always.

No comments:

Post a Comment