Tuesday, June 8, 2010

O, the deep, deep Love

Tuesday, June

Upon reading Stepping Heavenward again tonight, I realized that I too sometimes struggle to fathom and believe God’s love for me, at every moment, even after all I am and have done. But I must learn to trust that he does!

I asked him to help me see his love for me better… and there it was, clear, his hand on my life from birth ‘til now, and every blessing and challenge He hand-chose for me. If he did not love me, why would he grow me in grace? Has he not had already and does he not still have a plan for my life beyond my comprehension? Many things that are true in my life now, I would never have dreamed before. School, teaching, missions, the changes in me, Scott…Yep, all delightful surprises. Oh, and of course Mexico and Albania. ;)

Dear Lord, thank you for loving me as even I can’t fathom, and having your hand on each part of my life. Forgive me for when I don’t pursue your love. Thank you for trials that press me closer to you or chase me towards your will. Please help me grow more. Thanks for the example of your love in Scott. Help me believe your love even in my failures, that I may act more faithfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment