Friday, June 4, 2010

Tonight, I think of Mexico.

Fri june 4? 2010

Today was an interesting but okay day. In my mind was contrasted the difference between my mexico trip and this one. It is nice to have privacy and uninterrupted free time here… but I think of how much easier it was for me to build relationships and find time to minister when I lived every hour of the day and week among the people. Ah…I appreciate the company here, and the fellow Americans to help me learn and grow and think out my time here—speakers of my own language even! But I can’t help but think of how liberating it was to have only my own feelings and self to contend with, and if I was well enough, then fine, and the rest could be devoted to the people. Here (as much as this is ministry and Christian service as well) I have the emotions and concerns of 7 others to deal with (I suppose) besides the nationals (To those who are single--do not underestimate the gift of this time you now have to focus your mind and actions more unreservedly on ministering to those around you!!). Now, I do like to have others to care and fret for. But it’s even better if those others are my very own (family, etc). It’s as if I forgot, people are difficult sometimes. ;)

Ah, but I think of how blessed I was in mexico. Here at times we have a hard time, feeling useless, or un-missions-y…. Mexico I remember some first few days finding myself on a too-tiny bike with a kid on my handlebars, riding down a road that was much too bumpy to handle… It just doesn’t get much more classic than that. I just laughed inside.

Tomorrow, we go to the orphanage.

No comments:

Post a Comment